My thoughts on all suits, from shown gameplay.

Sum1

Freelancer
Mar 26, 2018
Understanding my perspective:
I am a precision guy, and like guns that hit where I shoot, that reward me for hitting critical areas. In the Division I ran my MDR, and a sniper rifle, in Destiny I ran scout rifles, in Destiny 2 a lot of hand cannons. In Anthem, I am looking at the heavy pistols, marksman rifles, and sniper rifle. So when I play games like this I want to maximize my gun damage. As such when I look at Javelins I am looking for what will let me do the best with my guns of choice. This means that when picking a suit I am looking for any damage boosters or enemy debuffs that increase my weapon power. As such here are my pictures from least excited about to the one I find most likely to fit me.

4: The Colossus: where this juggernaut is, by all impressions, a powerful force, it's lack of mobility make it not right for me as it will not be able to move around and deal enemies that have shields or narrow angles of attack for critical damage. The one thing that could make me choose this more often is some high-end gear that gives me some powerful sniper options, however, even when the suit is built for the middle of combat, not for my play style. Even as such I hope to have one with my team as their taunt will open up the enemies to my attacks, and making crits easy to hit.

3: The Storm: "but sum1" I hear you say, "the storm is built to sit on the outside of combat, flying above the fight, getting the perfect angles for great shots!" All true, however, the reasons this is not higher on my list is the devs have already said the storm will have no acid attacks. If you are unaware, acid is a status attack that can weaken enemies armor increasing all weapon damage done to them. The storm will have no access to the damage type. As such the suit loses a lot of its appeal to me. Also because the suit is so focused on using abilities it means less time to shoot my guns. And that's a no go. If there is a way to boost weapon damage and build the ultimate eye in the sky sniper this could easily become my number 2 or even my number 1 pick.

2: The interceptor: The interceptor is built to go in and dodge out of combat. So heavy pistols, sniper rifle build may make it good at all ranges. The issue I worry about is the range of the ability, if I have to get close apply an acid effect on my enemy then I will not be in a good place to follow it up with a sniper round. A shotgun makes more sense here but is not my play style. It I can dart around the outside of the combat applying acid effects from range that would be awesome and could make it my number 1 pick.

1: The Ranger: this well-balanced suit is as good as it gets for my play style. also the suits passive, when you detonate a combo, it does extra single target damage, I see the big enemies to be the biggest issues to deal with, so having this will make dealing with those titans or other tanky single targets easier to deal with. To the point, I think a common thing you may hear when fighting them will be something like, "don't be a noob, let the Ranger detonate". With good health and maneuverability, and, its abilities can be tuned for me. Acid darts, grenades, and a field to put down to boost weapon damage by 15ish% this seems like the best option for what we know now.

Now there is a lot we don't know, and a lot of gear that could totally turn the tide of my picks, especially 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, as they are really close in ranking. But from the hours and hours of gameplay I have seen this is my pick order.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019
Platform:
[XB1]
Javelin:
Ranger
Wait a Minute...... - man, nevermind -I am a Titan main, but I can see that flapping thing getting into my exhaust vent sending me in a downwards sonic the hedhog tumble as I burst out in flames in the ground and some Skar's run up and start praying to me as they think I am a sign from whatever they believe in, because it must be true, because everything that burns and falls from the sky should be worshipped! then it Hits me "Critical Failure - Cannot be Repaired"

Jan 27, 2019
Platform:
[XB1]
Javelin:
Ranger
hunters don't suck anywhere. if you disagree feel free to 1v1 me my chaperone will find you. then I will have invisibly and wall hacks. @Montoya this goes for you too, in fact, 2v1 me.
I never knew Hunters were a Class... Never seen one in PVP before. there was this vague purple hue following me around all the time, and for some reason I would get killed out of no where and it wasn't by the Architects I can tell you that much. - Upon Further investigation I found the way of the Nightstalker - (Mida Multi Tool - Last Hope - Quickfang) Combo to be the new "lets put people on milk Cartons" Load Out.

:sneaky:

Sum1

Freelancer
Mar 26, 2018
I never knew Hunters were a Class... Never seen one in PVP before. there was this vague purple hue following me around all the time, and for some reason I would get killed out of no where and it wasn't by the Architects I can tell you that much. - Upon Further investigation I found the way of the Nightstalker - (Mida Multi Tool - Last Hope - Quickfang) Combo to be the new "lets put people on milk Cartons" Load Out.

:sneaky:
feel free to add me on destiny (sum1#1147) and join our clan. I will show you the glories of the hunter. I run PvE and PvP fairly hard. for PvP I build, Wraith Nightstalker with Chaperone, Luna's Howl, and usually Hammerhead.

Jan 27, 2019
Platform:
[XB1]
Javelin:
Ranger
feel free to add me on destiny (sum1#1147) and join our clan. I will show you the glories of the hunter. I run PvE and PvP fairly hard. for PvP I build, Wraith Nightstalker with Chaperone, Luna's Howl, and usually Hammerhead.
XBOX or PS4 - I got it on Both, - but main XBOX. I Love my Hunter. (SoG - BB) - I have been taking a step back from D2 a bit, it became laborious and a monotonous grind, PVP is fun, I like it. ( Got the LW so want to give that a proper go in the Crucible).