Administrator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2018
Fort Tarsis
Platform:
[PC]
Javelin:
Ranger
Hello, Freelancers! I'm EKN0X Pronounced "E-Nocks". I'm 25 years old and super hyped for Anthem!

Little story on how I first discovered PC gaming. Sometime in 1999 (Possibly 2000), the first game I played on PC was StarCraft, at the time I had no idea what I was doing. I booted up the game, played one match, lost and fell in love. I played StarCraft as my main PC game from age 6 to 14, then stretched my wings and built my own PC in 2014. Since building my own mid-ranged, low-budget PC..I have never looked back.

Well, now that's out of the way, where to start? I suppose a short Q&A? Let's start.

Q: What was your first PC like?
A: Specs wise, I had an AMD FX-6300 Six Core processor and a GTX 750 Ti. Still a pretty nice build for today's games. However, I ended up selling this PC and building a new one in 2016, which I just recently sold. Now I own an Alienware Aurora R7.
A2: Current PC SPECS:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 Six core, Twelve threads clocked @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

Q: What do you play on PC?
A: Currently playing: Warframe, CS:GO, CS:S, Combat Arms: Reloaded

Q: Have you ever worked in the gaming industry?
A: Yes and no. This answer is a little bit complicated. From 2014 to 2016, I volunteered as a Community Manager & Customer Support Agent for an indie development studio. This was my attempt to get my foot in the door and start working in the gaming industry full time as a community manager. (Probably not the best way). In short, yes I did.

Q: What duties did you have as a Community Manager?
A: For how small the studio and fan base was, not too big of a plate for me to handle. I would post patch notes on the game, talk with players/fans on our forums for ideas and feedback, relay that information to the development team and occasionally, ban trolls from our official and steam forums.

Q: Have you ever worked with Forum software before?
A: Yes! Multiple in-fact, but never XenForo, this will be a first! Previous projects were built on phpbb3, MyBB, SMF, Enjin (Proprietary software) and Shivtr (Also, Proprietary software)

End Q&A.

Hope this isn't too much info at once. Just a minor snippet of my Gaming and Community experience. Have any questions? Feel free to message me on Discord or reply to this thread

Thanks.

- EKN0X

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2018
Platform:
[PC]
Javelin:
Ranger
Nice intro EKNOX... and good thing you explained the correct pronunciation because I was seeing it as EK-NOX!