Anthem PvP? Good or Bad?

Jul 30, 2018
Jamaica
Hey guys, I was wondering if anthem made a pvp would that be good or bad for the game. It seems to me that most persons want anthem to focus mostly on a single player game-style but we all know that it won't happen fully and talks of playing the game by yourself is just to get sales, and multiplayer will become the point of focus sooner or later.
But I wanna know what you guys think, would PvP in anthem be a good thing? or a bad thing?
I personally believe it would be great but it has to be balanced some how to give every javelin type a fighting chance against each other, and even having a pvp ranking system would be great as well.
Share your thoughts.

Mar 27, 2018
There is no point in discussing that imo, as the game will not have PvP.

I know Mark Darrah said "no pvp at launch" but I don't think they have designed the game in a way to make that viable.

If that was the case, the game would have had PvP already, it has been under development for 6 years.

I really hope they never add PVP.

Jun 13, 2018
I have to say I agree. PvP would already be under development is that was the plan...but beyond that I think the world they're trying to create wouldn't blend well with PvP

Mar 27, 2018
I have to say I agree. PvP would already be under development is that was the plan...but beyond that I think the world they're trying to create wouldn't blend well with PvP
The other issue is balance.

Games with both PVP and PVE like The Division have major balance issues, namely what works for PVP doesn't ork for PVE, and vice versa. The game would need to have 2 separate balances to make it work properly, and I don't think that many devs understand that.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2018
Im not too concerned with PVP for Anthem. There are plenty of other PVP games, not enough co-op.

former

Freelancer
Oct 5, 2018
Australia
The game Firefall which also has multiple exo suits in a hostile PVE world tried to do PVP and it didn't work too well at all, it just didn't balance.
I happy to just have PVE co-op in Anthem

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2018
The game Firefall which also has multiple exo suits in a hostile PVE world tried to do PVP and it didn't work too well at all, it just didn't balance.
I happy to just have PVE co-op in Anthem
PVE co-op leads to friendly communities!