Anthem Insider Anthem javelin exosuits' skills & more! Colossus, the not-so-gentle giant!

AI BaGGs

Freelancer
Mar 27, 2018
Right outside the wall

Bioware has updated the official #anthemgame page with all sorts of info, backstories and lore bits about a lot of game parts, including -among other things- the javelin exosuits, their skills sets and what makes each of them unique.

In this article we'll be taking a look at the Colossus javelin exosuit, which according to it's description, serves the purpose of satisfying any players with an "appetite for destruction"!

Colossus Javelin Exosuit Abilities

Heavy Smash: The Colossus can use its massive chassis as a weapon both in a diving smash attack from the air and a hammering melee attack. This not only clears out smaller enemies instantly, but has a chance to knock down foes and leave them open to follow-up attacks.

Shield: Providing immense frontal damage mitigation, the Colossus can deploy a shield from its arm in order to close distance on an attacking enemy or charge through environmental hazards as easy as you please. The shield is also deployable while the Colossus is hovering or flying.

High Explosive Mortar: The heavier chassis of the Colossus allows for larger weaponry to be mounted and operated – including a ballistic mortar. An excellent ambush tactic, the mortar rains down punishing amounts of damage and finishes fights just as well as it starts them.

Siege Cannon: The Colossus’ ultimate ability, the Siege Cannon is pure mayhem unleashed on the battlefield. Just aim it at something you want to disappear, pull the trigger, and watch the magic act.

A personal favorite of mine, the Colossus is meant for people who like getting all up and personal when dealing with things and prefer the brute force over a stealthy approach to solving problems.

The Colossus javelin exosuit is a taking powerhouse, moves slower than the other javelins and also has longer reload times/cooldowns. All that is balanced out by dealing really high damage in huge AOE. In fact, one of the available attacks resembles a mini-nuke!

This javelin is for the players who definitely want to have a "presence" in the field. It's big, bulky, has thick armor plates covering most of it and even a blast shield for the helmet!

The unique design of the huge, single thruster on its back, makes it stand out from the other exosuits and the huge weapons and mortars will certainly make up for the slow flight speed and maneuverability.

What do you freelancers think of the Colossus?
Will you be utilizing what it has to offer? If so, let us know why in the comments below!

Continue reading...

JeffCraig

Freelancer
Sep 13, 2018
Sneaky Bioware actually showed off more than what they posted on that page In the Full Gameplay Demo. We've already seen two different Colossus with different loadouts!

It appears that instead of the Multi-Mortar, the second Colossus has a Flame-Wall Mortar on its back... and on the right-arm equipment slot it has a Flame-Thrower instead of the Rail Gun!

ColossusVariant_1000px.png

They also mentioned in one of the dev-sessions that the Colossus would have some other customization options that would allow it to take aggro more easily, etc. I think potentially that the piece of equipment strapped to their butts is the device that facilitates that as a passive ability... maybe?

I'm looking forward to more information on how much variation Anthem is going to have with its Weapons and Equipment and Appearance. I think strong customization will be a big factor in its success.

Edit: I guess the thing strapped to the Colossus' butts are actually their Ultimate Ability weapon:
ColossusUltimate.png

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2018
Sneaky Bioware actually showed off more than what they posted on that page In the Full Gameplay Demo. We've already seen two different Colossus with different loadouts!

It appears that instead of the Multi-Mortar, the second Colossus has a Flame-Wall Mortar on its back... and on the right-arm equipment slot it has a Flame-Thrower instead of the Rail Gun!

View attachment 13

They also mentioned in one of the dev-sessions that the Colossus would have some other customization options that would allow it to take aggro more easily, etc. I think potentially that the piece of equipment strapped to their butts is the device that facilitates that as a passive ability... maybe?

I'm looking forward to more information on how much variation Anthem is going to have with its Weapons and Equipment and Appearance. I think strong customization will be a big factor in its success.

Edit: I guess the thing strapped to the Colossus' butts are actually their Ultimate Ability weapon:
View attachment 15
STOP! YOU ARE MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO WAIT FOR THIS GAME! :D